Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dating story #57, Oops...I did it again.

Happy post-fourth, y'all!  
Isn't re-entry a bee-otch?

I had a lovely time in Aspen with my fam.  
The Maroon Bells with Dad and sis
Aspen truly is God's country.  God's really, really, ridiculously rich country. 
wow.
Here's us biking downhill from the above vista.  Yes, I am taking pics while biking. My family didn't seem to think this was so safe. Odd, right?
Look, Dad! One hand...on my iPhone!
 me n' awesome reader Lolli
Before I get to my dating story, I have to tell you another fun thing that happened in Aspen. One of my fab blog readers, Lolli got in touch when she saw I was traveling there. 
She lives in Aspen and we ended up meeting for a drink and the ever-interesting Sky Hotel.
Thanks for the vino, lovely Lolli! So glad you reached out. 
Sidebar: If I lived in Colorado, I'd be the cheapest date EVER. That altitude drop-kicked my ass so hard. Just two glasses of wine and I felt bombed. Wowza.


On To The Dating Story!


I have no idea if you'll recall waaay back in March when I had a crazy night out, got a little too sauced, and hooked up with a Co-worker? Well, that happened.
And it wasn't totally a random thing either. We genuinely like each other and had recently broken into a fit of what I like to call "The Church Giggles" during a meeting. You know, the times when you're not supposed to laugh but you cannot STOP laughing and it just keeps getting worse? Yeah, one of those. And it's not easy for someone to do that to me either.  I've always liked this guy and the thought had crossed my mind a time or two, but it took his initiating things to really make me take notice.
And, like I said in the previous post, it was a surprisingly awesome time.  
One I thought might happen again, based on fun-factor and him saying "We should hang out again." [Or something to that effect]
Things were mostly normal(ish) at work with us, and I even made extra efforts to go by his office occasionally and laugh it up with co-worker and his office mate.  But, other than that, we really didn't have many exchanges, save the random printer or elevator run-ins.  I can't say I was bummed or upset or anything, but I was somewhat surprised and just always felt like something was up.  BFWB absolutely loves this guy (he is like the mayor of our office and also has some serious bromances with dudes he thinks are cool), so he was SUPER excited when I told him the SECRET news of our drunken dalliance. 
From time to time, I'd ask BFWB why he thought co-worker was being so aloof. His theory was that he takes work very seriously and is also hard at work on a screenplay. 
Fair enough. I didn't give it much thought after that.
Until last week...


Co-worker accepted a job at another agency and last tuesday night was his going away party.  I was already double-booked with the Vanessa Carlton thing {see last post} plus another dear friend's moving away party. Sheesh!  What's up with Tuesday night, people?  But, I really wanted to swing by co-worker's party. In fact, I felt somewhat compelled to for some reason. 
So, I left event #2, about 2 blocks from my apt and went all the way to the West Village to the bar they were at.  There were only about 6 people left standing at this point and co-worker seemed REALLY happy to see me.  He gave me a huge hug and told me I looked like a "Diva," which apparently is a good (?) thing amongst his group of friends?
It didn't take very long for us to be the last two standing and, by that point, I could tell he didn't want me to go.  We instantly got into talking about what went down between us.  I don't know if it was the alcohol (and I'm sure he'd had a LOT, although he seemed totally in control), or the sense of freedom from fleeing our dungeon---er--office, but he talked so freely it was GREAT!
So, wanna know why co-worker steered clear of me?
[Of course you do.]
Turns out, about 2 weeks after our little rendezvous, co-worker was at ANOTHER co-worker's going away party. (Yes, we have a lot of them lately.)
BFWB was also at said party. And, BOMBED.
Apparently, BFWB went right up to co-worker, shook his hand and said "Congrats, man. You won."
Co-worker, totally confused, said something to the effect of "I don't know what you're talking about?"
To which BFW[drunk-ass]B raised an eyebrow and coyly said "Oh, I think you DO."
um....
HELLOOOOOOOO!
First off, BFWB and I look like a physical match.  And, we spend an ass-load of time together and are very affectionate, as best friends.  But still, most people at work are convinced we're schtupping on the regular.
So clearly, a statement like that sent poor co-worker for a loop and made him think he was infringing on BFWB's territory. 
Awesomeness.
Even awesomER?
BFWB has ZERO recollection of ever doing this!
And, to his credit, feels horrible about it.
HA!
He owes me. BIG time.


Meanwhile, co-worker and I, with all that behind us, had an awesome time getting burgers and beer late-night, making out at the bar, and enjoying our last night as co-workers.  And...maybe as slumber partiers. Again. 
Oops.
I will say, it was incredibly awesome to actually find out the reason that a guy doesn't follow through for a change!  How often does that actually happen?
Then again, how often does your best guy friend accidentally throw down the World's Greatest Cock Block?
Precisely.


We'll see if co-worker keeps in touch at his new digs. I'm hopeful but not holding my breath. If anything, I'd really love to be friends with this guy.  He could possibly be one of the nicest I've ever come across.


Now I'm going to end this post so I can continue reading The Hunger Games.
Oh, what's that?
IF YOU DON'T KNOW, GET EDUCATED NOW!!!
I have an unhealthy obsession with it and, therefore, you should too. No joke, one of the most enthralling book series I've ever come across. In fact, I guarantee that, unless you are illiterate (in which case, you would not be reading this blog), you will like it.
And, do it like I did it.
Don't research.
Don't read about it.
Just READ IT.
NOW.
{y'welcome.}

No comments:

Post a Comment